View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 01:15 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
My recollection is that he pummeled a woman unconscious during sex and then basically said that’s what she wanted. Whether that’s a crime or not, it’s certainly awfully disturbed behavior. Can’t believe anyone would be too pleased if that was a sister, daughter or other family member.
In football, men get pummeled, tackled and end up unconscious and with broken bones and other injuries all the time. In baseball, pitchers miss and hit batters with 90+ MPH pitches, injuring them, and in one instance (Ray Chapman) even killing them. Yet I seem to not remember anyone getting arrested, or charged with anything, in any of these instances because the parties had agreed to play the games and knew the potential consequences of such actions. Is that really any different from two consenting adults who agree to engage in "rough sex" where one party may accidently inflict more pain/injury than the other would have liked or preferred?

One person says I want you to hit me during sex, so you hit them, and then they scream out that you hit them too hard and now they're going to have you arrested and sue you. Did you really do anything wrong or that the other party didn't ask for/agree to? How would you even write such a thing down in a written agreement if you did try to have one signed to protect yourself? Party A agrees to hit Party B during sex, but not too hard so it causes injury. How do you define what is "too hard", or how can you definitively tell what will or will not end up injuring someone so you don't accidently cross that line? Everyone is different and has different tolerances for pain and injury. The smart thing is to never engage in such activity at all, but there still are people, both men AND women, that apparently like and want that kind of experience.

Or is it simply that 99.999% of the time nowadays the man is initially considered wrong and guilty because unlike sports like baseball or football, where it is men against men, in regard to heterosexual relationships the male is generally bigger and stronger than their female partner. So it always seems that the woman is automatically considered the victim and that the male is considered the aggressor/abuser, at least until he can actually prove if he is innocent?

And it also doesn't mean a sister, daughter, or other family member couldn't be deceitful or outright lying about something that was said or happened as well. Like I already said, I certainly don't condone or go for "rough sex", but I also don't look down on and judge others that may actually enjoy or want it, for whatever reason. As long as they are consenting adults, and it doesn't hurt anyone else and break any laws, that is their business and no one else's in my thinking. There are probably other people in this world that think that some things you and I may do or believe in are just as much, if not possibly more so, awfully disturbed behavior as well.