View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 02:06 PM
Bob C.

[QUOTE=Snapolit1;2264333]There are apparently a lot of people who like it rough, so to speak. Sure there's nothing new under the sun as they say. But my understanding is that folks who swing that way are pretty careful about what is allowed and not allowed, safe words, etc. So lines can still be crossed and crimes can be committed.

Yep, totally agree, people can have "buyer's remorse" so to speak, particularly where they think there might be a huge pay day in doing so. On the flip side of that, I think 9,999 out 10,000 young women are not going to open up intimate details of their sex life to public scrutiny unless there is some overwhelming reason to do so. Particularly where they realize that the target of their accusations can pay millions and millions in litigation fees without blinking an eye. Would you want lawyers interrogating everyone you ever had sex with for details of what you liked, didn't like, how you liked it, how often you liked it, etc. I don't think many people want to subject themselves to that.

Yes sir, there are a lot of things in all this that most people would not want to be discussing in public at all. And again, as I had already said, I wouldn't be surprised if the real truth lies somewhere in the middle between what both of them have been saying, and we'll most likely never find out what that real truth is. For as weird as Bauer can act and be, he never struck me as someone who would intentionally lie or do harm to another person. Doesn't mean he couldn't have misunderstood or got his signals crossed on what his partner said or wanted, but he certainly wasn't doing things like drugging woman against their will to take advantage of them. There definitely seems to have been some level of complicity between both parties, but then some possible misunderstanding of how far each one wanted the other to take things.

As Adam was pointing out though, the issue with her trying to obtain a restraining order when apparently there really wasn't one needed, made her entire case suspect. I hate to say it, but it seems the court in turning down her request viewed the underlying actions of her and her attorney as trying to make a money grab on Bauer. In DeShaun Watson's case, he initially said he was innocent and going to fight all the women suing him, but ended up settling 23 of the 24 suits so he could get on with his life and career. The one woman, who's suit still remains, knows she has Watson by the short ones and will eventually get paid as well. Bauer is the type of person I could see actually following through and fighting his accuser all the way through the court system to prove himself right, and not be willing to settle and just pay off his accuser at all. Heck, all the lurid details of his relationship seems to be out in the public already, so he has nothing else apparently to lose by fighting.