View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 11:23 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
That's a tough one. My bias would be against Morgan here slightly, that .271 batting average always bugs me. He was an amazing player with a legitimate claim to possibly being the greatest 2B of all time. Morgan's OBP is weighted against Clemente trading a lot of walks for singles in BA, they're OPS+ is effectively a rounding error adjusting for league. I'd probably have to pick Morgan on defensive grounds. Clemente was a stud fielder, but RF is a lot less important than 2B defensively. Morgan's advantage in that area probably slightly overcomes their almost parallel offensive performance.
600 more SB is significant too IMO. And we're not comparing a slugger to a singles hitter, Morgan had more HR. Clemente averaged less than 5 steals a year.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-17-2022 at 11:28 AM.