View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 05:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarti5051 View Post
I always love when people cite Maddux or Jeter as players that did it "right" and never used steroids. How does any know this to be true? For all anyone knows, Maddux used steroids through the minor leagues and majors, but just didn't bulk up like Bonds. Maddux and others were not tested during their careers, and the only difference between Clemens being guilty of steroids and Maddux being clean is: (1) Maddux did not have a random trainer accuse him of using steroids - and profiting from the accusations; and (2) Clemens had a late career surge that fits well into a steroid narrative.
In a nutshell the problem with the whole PED era and the judgments people make. Randy Johnson won nearly all his games after 30, as an aside. Phil Niekro. Spahn.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-19-2022 at 05:16 PM.