View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 05:27 PM
Steve

Default Tough one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
I was flipping around the TV the other night and they were about to arrest the bad guy. He said he would give up if, after they arrest him he can just look at what's in the case one more time. Well, I wanted to know what it was so I stuck around. They arrested him and then they opened the case to reveal a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle card. He said, "It's a Mantle rookie card and it's worth millions!" What show was was that on?

It made me think of all those threads on Net54 where we mention a show or movie where they show baseball cards. I found this fairly exhaustive list on the web when trying to find out about the recent show I saw:

http://baseballcardbreakdown.blogspo...es-and-tv.html
Not the one you are looking for, but the plot of the Bruce Willis flick "Cop Out" contains a reference to a '52 Topps card - I think it is the Pafko, though. Willis' character tries to sell the card for less than a grand, if I recall, and at the end of the film, someone shoots the guy carrying the card in his shirt pocket and the bullet also destroys the card. Nobody cared but Willis.