View Single Post
Old 11-09-2022, 08:36 AM
Sc0tt Greb3nstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misunderestimated View Post
Maybe I missed, it but does anyone know the identities of the voters for this one ?
Is it a meeting where the voters get together, or do they just cast ballots without formal communications ?
Brian - Per the HOF . . .

Rules for Election for Players for Contemporary Baseball Era Candidates to the National Baseball Hall of Fame

Name: The Contemporary Baseball Era Players Committee ("The Committee") shall refer to the electorate that considers retired Major League Baseball players no longer eligible for election by the Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA) whose greatest contributions to the game were realized from the 1980 to present era.

Membership: The Contemporary Baseball Era Players Committee shall consist of 16 members, comprised of members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame, executives, and veteran media members. The Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Inc. shall act as the non-voting chairman of the committee and shall act as non-voting Secretary of the Committee.

Method of Appointment: The Hall of Fame's Board of Directors shall appoint the Committee.

Term – Each appointee is to serve for a renewable term, with the Committee scheduled to meet on a cycle of once every three years.

Time and Place of Election – Beginning in 2022, an election for Contemporary Baseball Era Player candidates shall be held once every three years at the Major League Baseball Winter Meetings. A quorum will consist of three-fourths of the total membership of the committee. Proxies are permitted in emergency situations only. In the absence of a quorum, a conference call with absent committee members will be permitted.

No word on the committee members (that I have found) but the prior members, under the previous process, were disclosed.

Scott