View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 11:59 AM
Albert Bee

Default altered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MU Wally View Post
I did not see a thread on this issue, so decided to try my first open question to this group...

I'm curious what some of the more experienced collectors / dealers on this site do with cards that they find are likely trimmed. I moved into set building lately and when selecting cards from lots will 'measure' (or at least compare) cards that look small or that have 'wonky' edges.

When I find ones that are definitely short/trimmed I take them out of 'circulation.' If they are cards with some value I have been stashing them away, if they are commons of a set, say in the '70's, I'll actually throw them out. My feeling is that I don't think they should be in 'circulation' for some other less-honest collector/dealer to resell.

Am I being overly paranoid/worried?

Thats a honorable thing to do ( throw out trimmed cards) .. But I just cant see the guy who got " taken for $1500 on an altered trimmed Bowman Musial..to just " chalk it up to being honorable ..and throwing it out

What do others do with cards like this? I don't see Ebay listing cards that are 'trimmed.' So where are these ending up?

I look forward to any comments/debate on this...

Mike
-