View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 03:53 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Wow...so maybe, just maybe, it's safe to take a chance on an ungraded card since Ebay's going to send it along for authentication anyway? Just as long as it's over $250? That's actually fairly significant in my eyes....
If you trust CSG to verify the card, then yes. Because once it passes authentication from CSG, you're going to have a VERY hard time returning it.
Although, I haven't seen many complaints here or on blowout about them getting it wrong (most recently they authenticated an Orange Shimmer refractor auto /25 as an Orange auto /25 incorrectly, but I think the blame should be shared with Topps for duplicating parallels and the buyer/seller not seeing the difference in the pictures on the listing). The major complaints I've seen on raw cards have centered around delays or cramming oversized cards into Cardsavers not meant to hold them.

One of the recent changes to the process recently is that not all cards get signature required now, usually only for ones listed above $750. I'm wondering if this is to allow people with PO Boxes to be put in the program as well, since they were originally not covered, a loophole that could be exploited by sellers.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 01-14-2023 at 03:55 PM.