View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 06:17 PM
Howard Chernick

Default eBay's Authenticity Guarantee Rejection - Am I missing something here?

Let me know if I am missing something here.

This is my latest experience with eBay’s Authenticity Guarantee program. According to eBay, this is how it works for graded trading cards.

If a graded card sells for more than $250, the card will be shipped to an authenticator for inspection. The PSA authenticator will check the sealed plastic holder for signs of tampering before verifying that the holder and label are authentic to the grader. The label is also checked against the listing details.

The item that I sold was a baseball program that was autographed by Vin Scully. It was graded as Authentic by PSA. It sold for over $250, so off to the authenticator it went.

Today I received an eMail saying that they can’t provide their Authenticity Guarantee. The reason was because the item was miscategorized. I had it under Sporting Goods/Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop/Sports Trading Cards/Trading Card Singles. They did not say which category it actually belongs under.

Under the Authenticity Guarantee program, it says that the label is checked against the listing details. It does not mention category. I do not see what category has to do with whether an item is Authentic or not.

The actual label says “Program, Vin Scully, PSA/DNA Certified Authentic Auto”. My listing says “Program is Autographed by Sporstcaster Vin Scully. Scully’s autograph is graded by PSA/DNA as Authentic” .

Their decision is final and I cannot appeal their decision. Am I missing something here?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard