View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 09:53 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Honestly, while it sounds great conceptually, I would seriously have doubts on the feasibility. Keep in mind the purpose of promoting a show, and it is a lot more work than most would think, is to make money for the promoter. As much as this group wants to think we're bigger, the vintage/prewar market is a very small part of the hobby. Modern is an exponentially bigger market. If you go to most shows today it feels like they are 90+% modern. Even the larger regional shows are overwhelmingly dominated by modern. After that you're taking away the AH, autographs, and graders, all of which bring additional collectors in the door. I wouldn't be surprised if more collectors go to shows today just to get stuff graded than go to collect vintage. All that to say, I don't think you would have the volume of dealers or collectors to make a new vintage only show work. Personally, I would have trouble driving more than a couple hours. The VA gathering is about 3.5 hours from me and I couldn't convince myself it was worth going. I certainly wouldn't fly.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers