View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default Your experience bidding on poorly photographed Ebay cards

At the risk of calling attention to a card I am thinking of bidding on Ebay, I wonder what other’s experience and advice is when the card photo looks a little “off”

It looks like the card I am interested in is just on very low contrast because the card image colors look pretty dull… but as a friend of mine smartly pointed out, the white in the grading company tag looks equally washed out. I just wonder if the seller just has a low contrast photo and it all may look much brighter in hand.

I reached out to the seller to ask if he’d be willing to share additional images of the card. I was disappointed that he told me that he was not able to do this and that the image on eBay was an accurate reflection of the card, color, etc.

I’m a bit torn now. The other aspects of the car look great. Centering, corners, registration, etc.

But I can’t decide if it’s worth the risk to not know how bright the colors are live and in person.

Wondering how others have dealt with this when chasing a card like this?

Thanks, Looking forward to hearing your own experience.

Jeff.