View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 04:08 PM
Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Not trying to dismiss your concerns, but I think your problem is that there's just not that many out there, period. So there's going to be even fewer for sale. They're tough to find for a reason, and the only way around that is to spend a long, long time trying to find them. Beating the bushes. Turning over every rock. Letting everyone in the world know that you're willing to overpay to get them. It will probably take decades of patience, and you might have to be willing to do completely crazy stuff like buy a complete set just to get the one card that you want.
I was thinking which in itself is dangerous, but I don't think there's a great total, but think more of them exist then i fiest thought, just not many are graded because they're just a common. Maybe I'm wrong? I think mant set in collections people have forgotten about because they're irrelevant like many other commons.

My first error was I didn't know much about the hobby, and I let several go on Ebay not knowing, and thinking with as many that at that time where listed I could get better cards, and could find them somewhat easy. That was before I knew pop count, set building, and on, and on. A 5 is actually the high end for graded cards, and I let at least 3 go before I figured things out. I'd imagine they're in the hands of set builders now, and are probably gone for a long time. I'm not going to go down a road once traveled, but will say I know a person that has some cards, but knows I want them, and set the prices so high I just can't justify it. I'm not a big player with endless wealth. Just trying to obtain history for our small town.