View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 07:13 PM
George E.

I joined a year ago and have traded nearly 100 times. It is fun if you both want to unload post-war stuff and also want to get some post war stuff. Pre-war isn’t nearly as represented, but most cards there are inexpensive cards, so that’s part of it. But if you do have pre-war you want to trade for something newer, people love being able to trade for the old stuff. People love trading over there in general, and there is always someone who wants even the junkiest junk wax cards. It is time consuming though, to learn to enter your lists, field or propose trade offers, counter, counter, check other options, accept, mail, etc. I’ve had to put trading on hold a few times just because I was spending too much time on it. I’ve also bought and sold over there and it is easy. I’d suggest reviewing feedback on anyone you are thinking about making a deal with. And sometimes it is good to read the message boards because you’ll find threads pointing out a rotten apple, and often you’ll find a commenter there with a signature listing other bad apples he’s encountered. Also, always ask for pictures of any cards you are dealing for. There are a surprising number of traders who don’t give a lock about condition. I’ve made a few trades where some cards from the group I received went right into the bin. It is weird throwing a Smoltz RC away, but even in great condition it isn’t worth anything, one with a water stain is straight garbage. Lots of great people over there though.