View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 10:56 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Nice photos
I am just south of you in Long Island, NY definitely weird winter and things keep missing us. This morning it is actually very very light flurries but expected to last only a few hours and no accumulation.
Weirdest part as been the Temps to me. One day high in upper 50’s then next below 20 but then the following days all in 40’s or above and then the following week it seems to do it again.
Makes it nice to get out some weekends to hike and stuff we like to do outdoors in comfortable weather
Thanks. I gotta thank Long Island for blocking most of the worst weather and hurricanes that come up the coast towards us. Usually slams into Long Island, and then bounces off to the East towards Rhode Island, Cape Cod, etc...

The ones that force their way directly over Long Island, end up being weakened just before they get to us at the southern edge of the Northwest Hills in CT.

Temps have always been wildly fluctuating in this part of New England, but yeah, this year is very weird. Couple weeks ago we had almost -10 one day, and mid to upper 40's the next...and when the "bomb cyclone" hit a little while back, we went from 40's -50's and almost tropical like rain, to a string of below zero Fahrenheit days, almost overnight.

You're right though. It does make for easier hiking with the dogs on the milder days.

Finally got some snow today to. It's on the colder side, so it's sticking to the roads for the first time in awhile to. Not quite a "whopper", but a little bit back to normal for what we're used to this time of year.

View below out the greenhouse, which is definitely running on the propane heater, with no sun out today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BackyardView23Feb24thIMG_2538.jpg (192.2 KB, 389 views)