View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 10:04 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
So that's what it's come to in this hobby...everything not graded or otherwise authenticated is automatically under scrutiny for being a fake.

I for one do not care about that. In the end, if my cards are somehow deemed fake, so be it. And I have some truly expensive cards.

If, and that's a great big if, I bought an expensive card off of eBay or Amazon or whatever, and I loupe it and blacklight it, and I'm convinced it's fake, I'm not going to the seller I'm going straight to eBay and go through hoops to speak to a human and say and do whatever to get my money back. Whatever it takes.
Wow...no where near the situation, you clearly don't know me. 99.999% of my collection is proudly raw, with only ONE card post-57 graded, my 63 Pete Rose rookie as that's the only way I trust buying such a reprinted card. It wasn't the process that initially made me feel this card is a fake, it was the CARD itself. Looking back now I realize this entire time I have bought cards sent directly to me due to a PO, I just didn't understand the process. Last week I had a graded 1955 Koufax sent, I assumed since it was graded it didn't need it. I know now why.

I didn't need to go straight to ebay, buyer agreed to a return...there was no need. I only went to ebay after reading here to see why it was sent directly to me. If you are ok with keeping a card you feel is fake, good for you man.

I have a rather large Mantle collection...all raw except my 53 T, 54 B, 53 Dormands, 55 B...Mantle cards are the most trimmed, soaked, altered, and faked cards out there...and this one proves that. I buy pre-57 cards graded so I can sleep at night...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03