View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 10:55 PM
James Gallo

Getting this back to the original intent. When SGC changed over to the new cert numbers the registry vanished overnight. There was no warning or ability to copy your set information. I was pissed as i had extensive information in it for all the sets i collected. This information is helpful when at shows and checking the grades and needed cards. To me the registry is vital and has saved me in other ways as well.
Jeez about 10+ years ago i had a whole bunch of cards stolen from my home some ended up in Cooperstown all the way from Pa. The dealer that bought the stolen cards found me through the registry. When the judge asked me about the cards it was easy to prove they were mine as i had a trail from the auction house to me and into my registry. It seems there is not a lot of love for registries here but i use it more as a checklist then anything else. These days i also use the psa one to store purchase price when it was bought and where. I cant fathom why this would not be a super useful tool for someone collecting graded cards.

Anyway for some time after the cert switch there was talk of a new registry but they could not get the system to work for both types of certs and it was long left in the dust.

These days they are more worried about pushing up numbers of any piece of cardboard in their holders then actually working on the aspects that made the company great back then. The chat board was a great community as well and it was nice to have a dedicated place to discuss the company. This is all gone in the name of profit which i believe in the end will be the downfall of the company.
Such a shame and so many things lost and forgotten.

James Gallo