View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 08:11 AM
Joe Drouillard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
Joe, the most obvious is the apparent lack of print dots on your Merkle you can see them clearly on the example that Darren posted in the side by side with your card.
The image you posted seems a little blurry to me take a look at your card under magnification and see if it is actually missing the print dots as it appears to be.
Thanks everyone for the input.

I know that it is difficult to authenticate a card based on a picture. In this case, it may be even more difficult because I think the card may have been coated with a substance to protect it. I do have loupe and there are hundreds of black dots on the surface of the card that show up under 16x magnification. Originally, that is why I thought that the card might be real. Perhaps, if the card has been coated with something it maybe more difficult to see the dots on my card, when placed next to the card in Darren's picture. (Thanks, Darren for taking the time to do the side-by-side.)

Thanks, Frank for the black light suggestion. I will purchase a black light flashlight from Amazon and check to see if the card fluoresces, and report back. Can you explain why a reprint will light up while an original will not under black light? I am sure that it has been discussed before, but it may be of help to someone else (like me) that may be reading this thread.

Again, I appreciate all of the comments.

Best regards,

Joe