View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I have been emailing with former pitcher Brian Hollman off and on for many years. Ever hear of him, probably not but you can go on eBay and find fake autos of his. So yes even people you never heard of that will happily sign anything for free have their autos forged all the time.

I honestly would only trust an auto I personally got directly from the player while watching them sign the item. Just my opinion.
A nobody player could easily become a target of fraudulent autographs simply by avoiding signing. His lack of signature supply then creates the opportunity for someone to assist with team and set builders. Of course, if they never signed much, identifying what the signature should and does look like becomes more difficult.

I collect Dodger autographs and often wonder if the handful of Bob Wilson autographs I see out there are ALL fakes or real, as they all seem to look similar. He is pretty obscure and his autographs don't seem to pop up often.