View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 08:52 AM
Larry More.y

I order frequently from GM... I also appreciate the quality of the cards. IMO, the delays in shipping appear to be the USPS on the surface. However, the use of a scan form (see below) can cause a buyer to presume that the USPS has taken possession of the mailing. But, this may not be the case.

Below is one example of a recent order of mine. I paid on Tues Feb 14, a label was created on Wed Feb 15. On Feb 15, my order appeared on their daily scan form and was scanned that day. Not until the Tues Feb 21 does the USPS show they actually accepted the package.

As I ship using the USPS scan form also, I realize that if my pickup is late in the day, the note "shipment received acceptance pending" will show for the date the form was scanned, but the mailings will not show as an origin acceptance until the following day.

When a label is created through ebay's 'buy labels in bulk" option, once created it will appear on that day's scan form. When I ship, my carrier scans my scan form barcode and takes my bin of mailings. He would have no idea if any of the mailings in the bin are actually the mailings that are on the scan form or not.

When the message "shipment received acceptance pending" appears with tracking, this satisfies ebay's shipping turnaround expectation.

So in my example, the USPS physically took possession of the mailing on either Mon Feb 20 or Tues Feb 21, not Wed Mar 15 as that was only the day that the mailing appears on the scan form. Once the mailing shows as "origin acceptance", it arrives within expected delivery time windows. The delay in shipment movement from Feb 15 through Feb 20/21 is not caused by the USPS.

Personally, I dont care how long it takes to ship (within reason), I appreciate the quality....I will gladly wait a few extra days for them to ship in exchange for their quality.
Attached Images
File Type: png 3.3.png (25.7 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg SCAN-FORM-IMAGE.jpg (88.6 KB, 378 views)