View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 04:35 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Not wanting to disparage what any of have said about GM's supposed slow shipping sometimes, but did/have any of you ever bothered to read and pay attention to the topic of combined shipping in the FAQ section of all GM's listings on Ebay? It pretty clearly states that they offer combined flat S&H rates to the U.S. and Canada for all cards won WITHIN A SEVEN (7) DAY PERIOD. And since they seem to list tons of cards on Ebay pretty much every day, to be able to offer such a service to ALL their customers, and because they likely have many people winning multiple cards from them over multiple days quite a bit, they pretty much have to automatically wait a week or so after you've initially won something from them to see if you end up winning any more of their cards. That way they can combine and ship your winnings so as to SAVE YOU MONEY on combined S&H charges.

But not a one of you people posting seems to have recognized (or comprehended) this actually very good thing they do to help and potentially benefit their customers. Good lord, you have a seller that pretty much does a great job in everyone's opinion, yet they still get criticized for doing something for their overall customer's benefit. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't it seems. Wow, just wow!
+1. I always assumed when I won cards in their auctions that they were waiting to see whether I was going to win more in the coming days so that it would be a combined order with reduced shipping. Also, I recently forgot to pay for a single card won-- I thought all of my bids had been topped but apparently one held up, for something like $15. I spotted it about almost a week later and kind of wondered why I hadn't got the ebay email "pay for your auction notices" that seem to get spit out at you if you're more than a day or so late, but then it dawned on me that GM waits to see whether you're going to add to your order. To me it's refreshing, not annoying, the way they handle this part of their business.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.