View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 05:15 AM

It's extremely helpful if people put together a want list of needed autographs as opposed to "Buying [team, HOF, etc.] Autographs". Sellers may have a lot of what you need, but most of us do not organize our material by team. I've given up even answering these types of requests, as have other colleagues I know. People with large inventories don't have time to cross-reference each autograph they have of players who played for the team you collect in hopes of making a sale which may or may not happen at all. Most people work better from a list of players. If you had 100,000 autographs, would you remember every single one, let alone every team each player played for?

And I am certainly not saying this about you, Gary, or anyone in particular, but the odds of making a sale to people who post "Buying HOFers", "Buying Cubs" without any further information given are astronomically low. There is almost no chance of a sale. I've been at this forever, and this statement keeps proving itself correct. The only things that seem to change in this scenario are the names of the collectors. Therefore, many sellers just aren't motivated to respond to such generic queries. Sellers are losing out on potential sales and collectors may miss the chance to add something great to their collections. There's no upside.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 04-07-2023 at 05:37 AM.