View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
That makes sense, but for as much business as they do, I'll bet they still wait a bit in case someone pays, and then right after doing so, suddenly sees more cards of GM's to bid on and win. I would imagine if GM instantly shipped right after payment, they'd have more than just a few customers suddenly contacting them about additional cards they won, and how they now want to combine shipping of everything so as to only pay S&H once.

But if they sent the initial purchase out right away, now they either have to eat the additional S&H costs themselves, or risk upsetting a customer. Ship too fast, someone ends up unhappy paying additional S&H costs and charges. So, slow the shipping down to appease those customers, and now you get others complaining about them being too slow. Like I said before, damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
That's exactly what they do. In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge cost to them, especially if you keep buying.

i paid for cards won over several days. Later that night, decided to bid on and won 2 more cards. I should have waited to pay but didn't think I'd win them. I emailed them asking if they could combine and add those 2 cards to the same package since it had not reached the post office yet. Their response was they could not add them to the package as it was already done and sealed, but would send them separately and happily adjust the postage. The 2nd order did not have any shipping charges. I even replied telling them I didn't expect them to do that and they said not to worry about it.

So they don't hold them for more purchases once paid.