View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 05:51 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
I get what you're saying, but buying from random sellers on Ebay is a little like playing Russian Roulette, especially with condition.

Despite Greg Morris imperfections, the good outweighs the bad and that's why so many buy from him and he gets the prices he does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I have no issue finding other sellers with decent scans to evaluate condition just as I do with a Morris listing. Morris doesn't sell many large lots, when he does you get a picture of 9 of the cards and little to no description at all. He won't even list what card #'s you are getting. He primarily sells commonly found single cards with many copies up on eBay at any given time. I can frequently find BIN's on cards in the same grade or even higher sitting there for less than Morris manages to sell the same card for.

I find a decent scan and my eyeballs do a much better job than trusting any seller. Morris misgrades or overlooks plenty of alterations, though I usually find his scale reasonable. Here's a recent example
Like Jenx34, I also played that game, numerous times, and eventually just stuck with GM because of that.
There are many factors. Choices being number one and the fact they are all in the same place. Shipping was no# 2, until their shipping fees, like numerous others, went up.

Maybe other cards outside of 52's are a different story, (I never bought lots) but for variety, shipping costs, selection, etc. I really enjoy the one stop hassle free, never having an issue, shopping.