View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 01:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I wouldn't discount the hobby dying thing coming back, especially at how quickly some of the new returnees are getting bored and dropping back out because everything has dropped from the pandemic levels they saw when they got back into it.

There seems to be those areas that remain strong, like vintage stars and rookie cards, but will there always be a market for everything else?

On a facebook group, I had posted about doing the right thing to package items in preparation of forces outside our control damaging the packages in route (sorting machines, careless mail carriers, etc) and this was all lost on the majority, but what they did want to focus on was the "insignificant" worth of the card I used in the example and who the guy was anyway. The subject card was a certified autograph card of Ben Oglivie. Who cares now and especially in the future for the Ben Oglivie's of the collecting world! If it isn't Mays or Ruth and the likes, the interest drops sharply.

What card are you showing, out of curiosity?
Hi Curt, it's a PSA 10 01 Topps Chrome Traded Ichiro rookie.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.