View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 07:50 AM

Guys, thank you all so much for the kind words. I'm very happy to hear that some folks have connected well with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
That is really cool. I love the creative side of the hobby - cards that never were, mixed media displays, old and new technology brought together, etc.

Thanks not only for showing the finished product, but also for the backstory.
Thanks for reading and commenting! I know I mentioned it at the end of the article already, but I'm not done with them yet! I hope to do some other fun things with them. The problem is finding time. It would be perfection ... almost ... if every day had 72 hours in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I've been missing a good Tanner post, thank you.
Thanks for reading and commenting! It has been a long time for sure. I was planning on writing something up a year ago - that's how crazy/messed up life has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
You could easily get a 16x20 from that negative and it would look quite nice. I have 50-60 glass plate negatives. Most are in the 4x6 range. My largest is 7x9! That one could easily make a 3' x 5' print with sharp clarity. If you are interested in making larger prints try Digital Silver Imaging in Belmont, MA. I have used them for my processing. They can take digital files and make silver gelatin prints from them. They are very good and used by quite a few pro photographers.

https://digitalsilverimaging.com/
Wow, that is quite the collection! I missed out on the original 1915 Cracker Jack Walter Johnson glass plate negative - that one hurt. I was really wanting it. But yeah, I suspect I can go even larger than 16x20 with these, though I may need some photoshop help as well. If I had unlimited wall space, I'd try to do a human sized one ... hmmmm *wheels in my head start turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardandCrackerjacks View Post
What a great read that was. Thank you for this and peaking my interest even more into these relics of baseball card history.
That's one of the greatest things I can hear after someone reads what I write, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I suggest you buy all of these Old Judge glass plate negatives you can get a hold of and create a set of these New Judge cards...they are amazing. Impressive work!

Brian
Oh goodness, I wish I could! I love ALL of them.