View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 05:46 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Hey Rick,

I was kind of wondering/hoping you had snagged them once I realized I missed them. (And I would have cracked them out immediately as well - and probably carefully removed the paper from the back.)

Great pickups!

I got the 'current status' emails but didn't have a chance to look too closely. Most other auction houses send emails with "final day of bidding" in giant letters and some also have "Final hour of bidding before extended bidding" emails
hi Jeff, I know what you mean about the barrage of e-mails that usually go out with alerts of auction closings, but I guess Lelands doesn't do that. While I like getting a reminder on the auction closing day, I got 6 auction countdown warning emails from Mile High last Thursday. I think that's a little excessive.

I only go after Dodger line-up cards, and with these being for a no-hitter and having 5 of the 6 Brooklyn HOFer's in the lineup (only missing Koufax) they really hit the target for me. I'll let you know if I decide to part with them as some point.

Any advice on attempting to remove the paper on the back? Have you had success removing scrapbook paper?

Rick