View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 01:59 PM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
You have an item listed on Ebay.

Bidder contacts you shortly after the auction lists... fairly aggressively. Multiple messages, e-mails, even phone calls.

Wants you to end the auction early. A relatives B-day is coming up, they collect these items, and the auction extends past that date.

The items in the auction are rare...but not necessarily expensive. You don't doubt the story about the relative.

Bidder throws out an offer, not life changing money, but let's say $150 bucks, for a lot you don't anticipate selling for any more then $50 bucks.

Kicker is, the item just got a bid from a different bidder, and also has several watchers lined up. You can't insert a "Buy It Now" price into the auction, and you can't reduce the number of days the auction lasts, so it doesn't go past the B-day deadline.

What do you do?

I know what I did, but understand if somebody decides something different. No judgements (from me anyways). Just curious.
This happens to me A LOT as I do a fair amount of volume on eBay, mostly fixed price but I do get into auctions from time-to-time (~800-1200 cards/week) -- I Ignore the Message and Block the User. In my experience, messages like this typically indicate there are going to be future issues such as favorites including "Tracking Says its Delivered, but I didn't get it" or "This card is damaged" (on a card sold as PR/VG/EX) or the "You sent me the wrong card"(and refuses to tell you what you sent!)

Last edited by Smanzari; 04-27-2023 at 02:00 PM.