View Single Post
Old 05-06-2023, 07:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I haven't but thanks for the reference Peter, I just looked it up and it looks like a fun read.

I did however have a drinking contest with Don Larsen in a bar when I was 20, let's just say he won and I felt like the Brooklyn Dodgers the next morning...
It's available as a free standing piece called Pafko at the Wall, or as the first section of his book Underworld. It's quite brilliant, weaving together various aspects of the game and the fans and the same-day hydrogen bomb test by the Soviet Union and the fate of the home run ball afterwards. Very much in line with your theme of there is no other sport even close to baseball. I'll tease you with a line about the home run, he talks about "the bolt of noise and joy when the ball went in."

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-06-2023 at 07:45 PM.