View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 11:15 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
John, great sheets - I love the 1976 set and think it has some beautiful photography. The Oliver card on your sheet being one of them. And my favorite card of all time is the 1976 Bench.

One lingering question that I'll probably take to my grave though is, "Why would Topps publish a card of Mike Schmidt bunting?" And of course the follow on is "As a manager, why would you ever give him the bunt sign?"
Looking at the card close up I am not sure he is bunting. His right hand is down near the knob of the bat. If bunting I would expect hand closer to barrell? But Schmidt was a team guy who I am sure would bunt if he got the sign. But I agree not many Managers gonna give Schmidt a bunt sign....

As for the 59 Fleer Ted Williams when I bought my set in the mid 70's there was no #68 But the seller included a sheet similar to yours with a #68. It was nice but difficult to store. In 1975 I attended what was called the first Baseball card show in NJ 2 days hosted in Irvington NJ. And a Seller had unopened boxes of 59 Fleer that he was selling on Saturday for $5 by Sunday they were $3... I bought 1 and traded it way.....way to soon.