View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 11:35 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I think these are discounted now for being minor league cards (a rule I find silly as so many rookies and 1st Bowmans now are photoshopped into an MLB uniform, inconsistent, and only instituted fairly recently), but this was a great era for minor league photo sets and autographs. Royal Rookies, Signature Rookies, Just Minors all produced fun sets in this vein. Large print runs, decent photos, and tons of authentic rookie signatures that nobody wants because they aren't name brands and so are available for much cheaper. I'm building the 1999 Just autographed set and picked up a lot of the other similar cards lately.
I would consider the Just Minors auto cards minor league, but the Royal Rookies are in his Marlins uniform and from the dirt stains on his uni, the exact same at bat as the Topps Update just a frame later. I don’t see a reason not to count it personally but again others may disagree. The Just Minors auto is just an auto on basically a blank card with an outline of a generic player to try to skirt the jersey rules, I would totally consider that a minor league issue.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-02-2023 at 11:48 PM.