Thread: Jackie Leaf
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 08:53 PM
Curt

Any authentic Leaf Robinson is worth something, but here is another way I would look at it. Say I have 20+ Robby cards. The one that is 3rd row from bottom, left most card comes up for sale. I can't see myself buying such a beater card if I already have 1 let alone 20+, unless it is absolutely a steal, like nearly free and I can flipit for a profit and buy another nicer copy! Remember I have 20+ others that are much nicer, so it feels like throwing away money to me.

Guessing that card would sell for more than I would pay if I had no copies, but I do have my 1 copy and that is enough for me, so buying one like that is highly unlikely.

I agree with do what makes you happy though, even if I can't see the logic in it. If someone can afford to spend $1000s on doubles, triples or even 40th copies of cards, good for them. I can't justify it. I still say there are endless other cool cards you could spend that same money on elsewhere.