View Single Post
Old 07-12-2023, 11:34 PM

Default Legendary contributor

Mark was fortunate to do what he loved all of his life as a sports journalist, promoter of memorabilia shows, auctions and collector. He found several of the rarest, most historical programs and scorecards in my collection over 60 years. Our friendship went back to 70’s when I was also a journalist in college. He gave it his all and enjoyed life to the fullest, which is all one can aspire to in any time period or circumstance. Tragically, Mark was victimized in an unforeseen car accident that resulted in severe health conditions the last several years of his life.
All who knew Mark learned that nothing can be assumed when it comes to safely walking in a neighborhood or driving a car or bicycle down a street. Mark was undeservedly the victim. As I watch the ESPY’s, I hear the “Don’t Give up, don’t ever give up” plea of former champion basketball coach Jim Valvano. Mark truly lived up to the Valvano warning.

The sports collecting industry and all who participate in it should always be inspired by the life of MARK JORDAN for his charitable introductions from
Collector to another and relentless pursuit of scarce collectibles, the soul of sport.

Hunter Kaplan,
Program/Scorecard Collector since 1958