View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 08:27 PM
Andy S@ld@n@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I have 4 sets of every set from 1980 through, at least, 1990. Probably have 1991. I have a million Strawberry and Mattingly Donruss rookies too lol. So, you’d pull the rookie cards? Are they even worth anything? I could sell 4 Rickey’s and make $400?
I personally would screen all the key rookies and if they are "gradeable", send them in yourself to be graded. 10s might be hard to come by, but see what 8's and 9's sell for. Ripken, Boggs, Gwynn, Sandberg, Mattingly, Strawberry, Clemens, Puckett, McGwire, Canseco, Bonds, Bo Jackson and obviously Griffey Jr. I have been pulling stars, HoFers and key rookies from my collecting hey day, which is the "junk era" and I am sure this is frowned upon on this forum, but I am tossing 100s and 1000s of common that nobody wants. Sorry, not sorry.

I will share this example that I did with 1990 Score baseball hand collated sets: I had 10 sets and sent in 9 or 10 of the B & W Bo Jackson cards and 6 came back as a 10. Easy $200+ card. I would have lost lots of money if i would have sold at $10 a set or whatever they go for. Obviously some risk, but also a chance for a nice reward.

Last edited by slinger23; 07-13-2023 at 08:30 PM. Reason: update