View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 03:39 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

How long did you wait for takers?

Keep in mind that for any given card, the number of people looking for a mid-grade common on any given day will be low. It might take weeks or months (years?) for someone to come along who wants the specific piece that you're selling, and in that condition, even when the price is low.

Chances are you're not the only one selling. So even when someone does come along who wants that specific card, they might end up buying it from another seller. When selling pieces like this, shipping is also a factor in these sales, since shipping can take a 50 cent card and make it $2-$5 (or more) once you factor in shipping.

Sometimes bundling larger lots together can be a strategy, although when it comes to large lots (i.e. 50-100 cards) of midgrade commons from the 70s and 80s, my experience is that there are even fewer buyers, even if the price is low. For most buyers, unless we have a need for those pieces, or unless we think there's some hidden treasure in there that you've overlooked, we're probably not going to be all that interested.

As an alternative, you might think about maybe trying to bundle a group of commons with a couple of stars, with the stars featured prominently in your listing. You might find more takers that way, although the price might still be a lot less than you're hoping to get. But you might get lucky and have it take off if you list a decent lot with a few stars at auction on eBay.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel