View Single Post
Old 07-22-2023, 03:10 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I thought about the variations listing, but it takes about 4-5 minutes per card to scan, edit and upload. So I can't do that for 600 cards. It'd take almost all day. So that's why I just decided to try and do it in lots of 12 (for $10 shipped) figuring some set builders would need help. Figured selling singles this way for about 50 cents each would be good.

However, you kind of contradict yourself. You say you've been selling for 80 cents, but it takes a year or years. Then you say buyers aren't going to pay 80 cents apiece for these cards. Yet, you had just said that's what you sell them for. It's all good. I might just break down and sell the starter lot for like $50 or something. Then it's about 5 cents apiece. Surely someone, even a reseller, would take them for that cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Over the years, through ebay using the variation listings, I have broken multiple late 1970s mid to higher grade Topps sets. The commons sell for, on average, 75-80 cents per card. Typically, it takes 2-3 YEARS to sell the majority of the cards from these drop-down listings. Even during the peak of the market in 2020 and 2021, these cards were tough sells.

As it takes me about an hour total to scan each card and create the listings, I spend a small amount of time up front to create the listings, but in the long run I will quite patiently double/triple my money.

So, if as a seller, I can very slowly sell late 70s commons as singles for 75-80 per card, I am not seeing many (if any) buyers for these types of cards offered in random bulk lots for 80 cents per card.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.