View Single Post
Old 07-25-2023, 04:51 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapped18 View Post
Great job by REA!!! I would expect nothing less from them. Full disclosure is definitely preferable. I have no qualms with them using a professional company to remove Doyle from a scrapbook. Scrapbook removal is done on a regular basis and there are even threads right here requesting help in soaking glued cards from scrapbooks or other backing.
Right but the soaking process most here use or maybe all use, is that using water. The Doyle underwent something much different, it would seem given it took weeks of analysis and an explanation to SGC. Not sure anyone here has an issue with removal as a general concept.

Quote:
I also have no personal problem with the water stain being removed on the Plank. I have cards from my childhood that have damage from me spilling liquid on them and that makes them no less valuable to me and I keep them as part of my collection.
Again, this sounds like you are ok with conservation as long as it is disclosed and that is cool. I think may would agree with you. Far as most of us know, we might not have the same success submitting these two cards with the expectation of any numerical grade. That you still value your childhood collection with stains is a whole other topic.