Thread: August pickups
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Received back earlier this week from Anderson, Indiana. Carl was born there in 1926. At age 96, he is one of 7 living former Brooklyn Dodgers, and is the last to have played in the '55 World Series for the only Brooklyn championship team. What a kind gesture to still be signing cards. He would have signed this on or about the weekend his son was accepting the Buck O'Neil award on his behalf in Cooperstown. Incredibly, Carl is not the oldest player to sign TTM for me this year. Bobby Shantz is the last living Philadelphia Athletic, and will be 98 in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What a beautiful signature for 96 yo. My grandma got real shaky with her cursive in her 90s and it was hard to read. he still has good flow and slant!

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo