Thread: World Cup
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2023, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Sadly not surprised that they lost.
They came out strong and played a solid game. As mentioned earlier it felt like they won the first half and lost the 2nd half.....And Beyond. their goalie was solid and the defense was better than previous games

However, I feel that the Swedish team made better adjustments after the first half and thru out the game.

I feel some of the coaching calls or lack their of hurt.

The Same was super close, dramatic and great to watch. Both teams deserved to win But Sweden came out on top.

looking forward to the rest of the world cup just would have prefered the US to go further.

Definitely Dramatic just a shame many people missed it do to the time difference
The defense showed up today, that's for sure. Repeating myself a bit, but missing Becky Sauerbrunn really messes up their lineup. Ertz is an absolute defensive stalwart (mistimed jump vs Portugal notwithstanding), but (as someone else also noted above) we really needed her this tournament in the 6 spot.

As for the penalties, yeah, all a bit nervy and uncharacteristic. But should be a good lesson for the next WC.