View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 03:04 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
I used to think I was a pretty solid baseball guy - I can win a lot of bar bets & trivia contests if baseball history is part of the scene.

But the Immaculate Grid game has knocked me down over and over and over - am I the only one who finds it to be frikken hard!

I can usually get the awards and records pretty consistently - but I guess I have never paid close attention to the random, end of career moves of many players so the "who played to the Yankees AND the Rockies" kind of trivia has been my trouble. (I should have guessed Troy Tulowitzky - doh)

My confession - I have still yet to get all nine. Oh, the shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerMike22 View Post
Hey Jeff, I too considered myself a pretty solid baseball knowledge guy. But you are right. Immaculate Grid is tough! I have only completed it once and it was one where most of the categories were award/HOF/stats. The teams that guys played for always stump me as well. It is a fun game though.

Now, I feel even more guilty about the 'system' I use. I got too frustrated just relying on my memory banks. In my defense, I do believe that BBR wants IG participants to look up possibilities on the site. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm 67 and can hardly remember when I stopped knowing all the teams' rosters by heart. Probably around 1973...continued expansion worked great for the game...my memory, not so much.

Of course, next year, I'll be living in a world in which Stanford, UC-Berkley and SMU will be playing football in the ATLANTIC COAST Conference!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-02-2023 at 03:04 PM.