View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 11:14 AM
Tim Odeen

I don't know if Swift/Kelce equals ARod & JLo, or Brady & Gisele, or even Monroe & Dimaggio. But what I do know is Swift is definitely a bigger cultural symbol than JLo and Monroe. Swift tweeted to her fans to register to vote. The next day 35k Swifties registered to vote. This weekend, Swift has influenced the secondary ticket market for Chiefs tickets for just being in the stadium.

I need to add that my niece, 16, is a Swiftie. My Bro-in-law through his Costco membership received pre-sale perks to buy her Eras Tour tickets at box office prices. He bought two tickets. My sister and niece went and had a spectacular time. My niece bought a semi-formal dress, and made dozens of bracelets to trade with other Swifties. We thought it was weird and worried she might be setting herself up for failure. My sister said when they got to the stadium, at least 50% of the teen girls looked like my niece in gowns and dresses with bracelets up to their elbows. Everyone was trading bracelets and having a good time. Very few men in sight. NYT reported because so few men attended the events, men's bathrooms became de facto women's bathrooms.

Anyway, my niece came home gushing about how awesome the concert was and how great a time she had.

To me, Swift is a great role model for teen girls. She's smart, kinda dorky, very original and creative, business savvy, charitable. She's not a sex symbol as far as I know. She doesn't promote drugs. I can see why my niece follows her. And it's probably why her concert tour was a global smash hit.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo