Thread: Now I Get It
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 02:20 PM
J@mes In.gram

Default Now I Get It

I know now why folks hate the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Steelers, Bulls, yada yada yada. Time for me to rant. I hate the f-ing Astros! I hate them because I'm sick to death of them. When Texas had a 2-0 lead in the ALCS, I thought, okay, Houston will go away finally. But no. Wishful thinking. One link on Google News today was titled, "Astros now control the ALCS". I saw that and promptly wanted to barf. I hate the Astros, pure and simple, and no matter how great they are, every f-ing thing about them. As much as I ever hated the f-ing Red Sox, I hate the Astros 1,000 times more. So much for that rivalry.

Last trip to New York, I got into a conversation with one of our cabbies that came around to baseball. He came out and asked, who do I like? Yankees or Mets? When I said Yankees he almost threw us out of his cab. I asked him why all this hatred for one of your hometown teams. He said, if you lived here you would get it. He said he grew up in Queens and loved the Mets all his life. He said the main reason he hated the Yankees, even though they are in the American League, even though they are a New York icon, is that he was sick to death of them. Now I get it.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***