View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 11:29 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The first post was about why someone doesn't like A-Rod and did not include any references to anything the Yankees have said about A-Rod. If you're saying it's impossible to discuss retiring numbers at any point after that without talking about Andy Pettitte, that is not fact either.
.... I don't know how to make this any simpler. None of these words are complex. PED's is not the line; we know this because Pettitte was another PED user caught up in scandal over it they retired. That is why Pettitte is relevant; he is the undeniable proof that claim is false. This is incredibly simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I also have no idea what your beef is with Pettitte or why you're pretending he's not an all-time Yankee. He so obviously is and is so obviously beloved by everyone who follows the Yankees. I mean, what are you even suggesting about him when you say things like it's a "canard of an argument" to talk about him being one of the all-time Yankees? How is that false at all?
I have given no opinion whatsoever on Pettitte, despite this lie of a claim. I liked him as a teen, he was a fun pitcher. It's just completely irrelevant.

I did not say talking about Andy Pettitte as an all time yankee is a canard, I say putting him and not A-Rod is a canard. A-Rod is far and away the all-time Yankee 3B. Pettitte is probably one of the starting pitchers. Your argument that Pettitte is a good retirement choice because he is on the all-time Yankee team is ridiculous, because so is A-Rod. Never did I "pretend" Pettitte is not, it's just that so is A-Rod so this is an absurdist argument.

You do a lot better if you argue against what was actually said and not bullshit you completely made up and is nowhere in the transcript.