View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 03:57 AM
J@son Per1

The 75 mini set is a poster child for this debate because tightening grading standards have had a huge impact on this particular set. I probably have 50 graded cards from this set now and the old label 8s have become new label 7s and 6s. It’s really blatant. A few of my PSA 8 old labels are nearly miscut in the back. I’ll try to throw up a few pics when I get out of bed.

It is still possible to find nice old label 8s but there are a lot of dogs out there. As a collector who might sell the set some day those 8s help value but in so many ways it makes sense to just get a new label 7. Also I have so many raw commons in my set that in the old days would be a guaranteed 7+ but in the two recent subs I did I got 2 <7s out of ten cards and lots of 7.5s and 8s. This is a registry sensitive set so PSAs go for quite a premium over same grade SGCs. If I find nice SGC8s I try to grab them. Recently got a Hank Aaron 1 in SGC 8 got less than half the price of a PSA 8 so that was good. They aren’t easy to find though.