View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 07:06 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutcher55 View Post
Here's an illustration. #499 Marty Perez is a legit tough mini to find. There are 0 10s and only 5 PSA 9s. The below is one of 67 PSA 8s. I don't think it would get a 7 today. Definitely an example of me buying the slab not the card, but it was priced accordingly and it's tough enough finding this card not cut factory short, let alone in nice condition. Check out that o/c back; it's a whisker from miscut. Compare it to this new label Fisk I got recently which is super nice for a 7.

I'm not sure I see the same thing. To me the Fisk doesn't look any better or possibly worse than the Perez. The Perez looks like it would fit the 8s I see today. The back merely needs to be 90/10 even for a 9. And the Fisk has a decent amount of white showing on the bottom corners. The Perez does have the spot on the edge, but that's not a chip in the paint, just a spot where the color didn't hit right. I see lots of those, just like fisheyes, which are common for the time.

Here is a pic of a Hank Aaron #660 PSA 8 that's newly graded. It's no different than what you commonly see in older slabs. (Note pic taken from Ebay, not my card).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75 Aaron.jpg (182.3 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by Jenx34; 11-08-2023 at 07:08 PM.