View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 09:33 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
I saw these and his other listings after I read Scott's post earlier today. He lives in Rancho Palos Verdes and tries to come across as naive, but knows to talk about reprints. He knows to put "Ty Cobb" in 2 listing titles and put the Matty in it's own auction, but can't search for 5 minutes to see what he has.

Like you say, past sales are $5 dime rolls and inexpensive comic books.

What was all that about "in their original English language." ?

Not a buyer.

I'd wager the auctions are legit. Wading through his old feedback it looks like he sold thousands of of silver coins (one lot brought over 4 grand), and that's just from the feedback left. I tend to find only 1 in every 10 or so buyers leave any feedback nowadays.

He's probably slowly sifting through a relatives estate or something.

Not surprising a bunch of old cards that the uneducated might guess were just a bunch of beaters, were buried in there somewhere.

That said, I do find some of the descriptions humorous and a little bit sad about the incoming AI listing revolution it looks like lots of sellers are already using as a crutch.

From this listing of 5 rough T206 Piedmonts with a Ty Cobb:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15586703549...kAAOSwHPRlRP5Z

Description:

"This listing is for a set of five OBAK 1911 baseball cards, one of which features the legendary player Ty Cobb. The cards are of the single product type and are original, not licensed reprints. They belong to the T212 series and are considered vintage cards. The sports trading cards are in English language and were manufactured in the United States in 1911, during the Pre-WWI era."