View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 06:35 PM
Frank Wakefield

Between the two, Joe Buck, barely. Barber was great.

Scully, true greatness.

I know there are McCarver haters out there, bunches of them; but I liked him. He knew baseball, knew baseball history, he was a ballplayer. I liked when he'd get revved up so that he could try to explain something. I really liked Jack Buck. I recall him adding color for Harry Carey. Thumb's up for Carey, two thumbs up for Jack.

Garagiola and Kubek were a good team. Waite Hoyt adding some color and knowledge. I liked Shannon adding color for Jack Buck... during a pitching change, I think, where the Braves were beating up on the Cardinals, H Aaron had just doubled in a run or two and was standing on second base... Shannon says something close to this, "Folks, there's two baseball superstars standing out there at second base, Hank Aaron and Dal Maxvill." I loved it!

I liked Joe Morgan and Jon Miller. I liked Joe Nuxhall, "the old left hander rounding third and heading for home." Not a fan of either Brennaman; nor of Skip Carey. Thumbs up for Eduardo Perez, and Ron Darling, and Mr. Hershiser.