View Single Post
Old 11-30-2023, 03:09 PM
Todd Schultz

F) Others: Inserts. I had dozens upon dozens of '68 game cards and '69 deckles, which still were gold compared to those ugly booklets and scratch-offs that followed, which in turn were fantastic when compared to those hideous airbrushed, faux-newspaper headline "TRADED" cards afterward. Of course, I shed my collection of all of these to where I would not mind having more now.

Checklists. How boring, but ironically {read stupidly}, I would wait awhile before writing on them and would pick the nicest centered example to ruin.

Doubles. Only one comes to mind. 1970 Charlie Metro. First pack opened in 1970, already pissed that the price had doubled from last year. Card design blah. Card pic of old Charlie and his airbrushed hat-- yuck. Finding two of Charlie in the same pack--first pack no less-- beyond disappointing. Infuriating.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 11-30-2023 at 03:09 PM.