View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 06:36 PM
Micah L Marshall II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Definitely speak with Al. You will get straight talk, not pie in the sky mumbo jumbo, but honest opinions and a fair appraisal of what you have.

There are some real unscrupulous operators in this business. This board will direct you to the right folks.

Personally speaking, I've been shocked at the number of identical cards (different grades) selling lately in recent auctions. 8 of these. 9 of these. 7 of these. Did the AH call the consignors and tell them that the card they were excited to sell is buried on page 127 with 7 other of the same card. Man I would be pissed to find that out for the first time when I receive a catalog 4 months later.
to your point, a great example is the last REA auction which had a 1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson as lot #900 and something! A $50k card buried on page 27.

Curious about which route you take and how happy you are with the outcome of your choice. Even tough I am always adding to my collection @ the same time I seem to be constantly thinking about selling my collection to put in a pool and a outdoor kitchen plus a family trip to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.

It sounds like you have some great stuff that would be wanted. Have you considered using BST, you could give it a shot while you're researching and whatever you sold you'd e getting 100% of it.

GLWS, again let us know where you end ups putting it.

I added a picture of my collection as every post should have a picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2821.jpg (187.7 KB, 482 views)

Completed 1986/87 Fleer Basketball

Completed 1935 National Chicle - 36/36

1933 Goudey - 208/240

I've switched my focus to comic books! looking for AF 15, Hulk 1, FF1, FF 5 and x-men 1 prefer blue CGC 2.5. I cannot afford a 2.5 Superman #! or Dective Comics #27 so would consider less grades for only those two books.