View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 02:15 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Go for it. People think auctions are just licenses to print money. They're wrong.
I'm not trying to belittle the amount of work you have to put in to sell cards for consigners. I've scanned, sold, packed, and shipped many thousands of cards myself. It's work. And a lot of cards is a lot of work. Building an auction house is a grind. Getting people to consign takes work, getting traffic to your site, taking scans, creating the listings, packing, shipping, dealing with annoying customers, I get it. Trust me.

For most of the smaller auction houses, you guys are earning every bit of what you bring in. People sending you boxes full of random commons and $10-20 cards is a grind. Even cards below $100 are hardly worth your time.

What I'm talking about primarily are the large auction houses that won't even accept any cards below $1,000 from anyone, and then want 20-30% of what they sell for. Goldin hiking up their fee to 22% is just a giant middle finger to the hobby. Taking cards that are worth 6 figures from consigners and keeping 15% of the price. That's the type of BS that we shouldn't put up with.

eBay caps their selling fees at ~$300 per item, regardless of what it sells for (plus a ~2% payment processing fee after that). Probstein charges just 5% for anything above $1k.