View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 08:58 AM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
They will go to wherever the cards are listed. Countless high end deals are done in-person from BST listings here and from eBay postings that are worked out offline and at card shows. The only reason the high-end auction houses have a stranglehold on those cards is because we let them. But it doesn't have to be that way.
Personally on the mid tier items( $500-$10000) I find that I do better buying at auction houses than I do at eBay.
And I agree, there are many high end items that sell for good money on eBay , when the "juice and or seller fees " are factored in.

That being said, not sure I would risk a $100k card to eBay. Just not sure.
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s